Senior Comms/PR Consultant - Financial Services
This global business advisory firm is dedicated to helping clients of all sizes in all sectors, navigate through the constantly changing and challenging business environment. Working closely with their clients to effectively manage competitive and financial pressures, political and regulatory requirements, transactional challenges, economic stresses and the impact of disruptive technologies, the firm works to minimise client risk, optimise performance and protect and enhance their reputation and value.
My Client’s 4,600 professionals comprise amongst others, analysts, bankers, economists, forensic specialists, industry professionals, legal experts, operational experts, policymakers, researchers, technology professionals, strategic communication experts and generate annual revenues in excess of job_details.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
The Strategic Communications Practice
How a company communicates, both internally and externally, is critical to its brand, its reputation and valuation. Doing it right is an essential part of solving any important business issue. The Strategic Communications Practice provides a uniquely holistic approach to strategic communications, including everything from brand development and investor relations to employee alignment and strategic philanthropy.
The Financial Services Team
The Financial Services Team is the largest in the London office. It builds and protects reputational value for the full spectrum of UK and international businesses, from banks and investment banks, to insurers, asset managers, private equity companies, hedge funds and governments.
You will be joining a fast-paced team which delivers both financial and corporate communication services to its clients and values hard-work, an entrepreneurial approach and the capacity to take on new ideas and develop knowledge. We think holistically about the industry and address media, analyst, investor, employee and customer audiences from within our team.
Due to the continued success of the business, my client is seeking a highly motivated Senior Communications/PR Consultant to join a team of over 35 professionals in London for this exciting, hands-on, client facing role, offering an opportunity to engage directly with clients and journalists to develop strong and lasting relationships.
• Assistance with client relationship management by providing pro-active, expert client service to a variety of Financial Services clients
• Develop strong and lasting relationships with key stakeholders across client teams
• Assist in demonstrating the extent of available services to clients
• Generate strong relationships and network across the firm to support client service and promote new business development opportunities
• Support on the execution of creative, value-adding communications programmes
• Assist in the provision of strategic communications advice and guidance to clients
• Assist in managing expectations and ensuring service delivery is on time and on budget
• Work with the client teams to develop plans and proposals
• Manage research projects to support fresh new content creation and delivery
• Work to bring new and fresh ideas to generate engaging content and added value
• Pro-actively work with industry contacts to develop knowledge, network to generate additional insight and feed the development of new ideas for client promotion
• Provide a proactive approach to sourcing and creating media opportunities
• Write and edit press releases, commentaries and statements
Share Best Practice & Team Support
• Share fresh ideas and client insight with the teams to promote the sharing of best practice
• Actively share knowledge and experience with colleagues
• Build strong rapport/relationships at all levels across the firm’s community
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent 2:1 (or equivalent)
• 3 + years’ experience in an in-house corporate communications or PR agency role
• Good media relations skills
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• Ability to build strong rapport/relationships with key stakeholders
• Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload and plan ahead
• Ability to work effectively within a busy team
• Possess a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach
• Experience in the Financial Services and related sectors
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT MY CLIENT:
My Client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
My Client offers a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.