Communications Account Director, Financial Services
My Client is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping clients of all sizes in all sectors, navigate through the constantly changing and challenging business environment. Working closely with their clients to effectively manage competitive and financial pressures, political and regulatory requirements, transactional challenges, economic stresses and the impact of disruptive technologies, the firm works to minimise client risk, optimise performance and protect and enhance their reputation and value.
My Client’s 4,600 professionals comprise amongst others, analysts, bankers, economists, forensic specialists, industry professionals, legal experts, operational experts, policymakers, researchers, technology professionals, strategic communication experts and generate annual revenues in excess of job_details.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
The Strategic Communications Practice
How a company communicates, both internally and externally, is critical to its brand, its reputation and valuation. Doing it right is an essential part of solving any important business issue. The Strategic Communications Practice provides a uniquely holistic approach to strategic communications, including everything from brand development and investor relations to employee alignment and strategic philanthropy.
The Financial Services Team
The Financial Services Team is the largest in the London office. It builds and protects reputational value for the full spectrum of UK and international businesses, from banks and investment banks, to insurers, asset managers, private equity companies, hedge funds and governments.
You will be joining a fast-paced team which delivers both financial and corporate communication services to its clients and values hard-work, an entrepreneurial approach and the capacity to take on new ideas and develop knowledge. We think holistically about the industry and address media, analyst, investor, employee and customer audiences from within our team.
Due to the continued success of the business, my client is seeking a highly motivated Account Director to join a team of over 35 professionals in London for this exciting, hands-on, client facing role, offering an opportunity to engage directly with clients and journalists to develop strong and lasting relationships.
• Own client relationship by providing pro-active, expert client service and account management, with limited supervision
• Develop strong and lasting relationships with key stakeholders across the client team
• Actively demonstrate the strength of the team and extent of available services to clients
• Identify and pursue additional opportunities to work with clients to generate new business
• Generate strong relationships and network across the firm to support client service and promote new business development opportunities
• Lead and support on the execution of creative, value-adding communications programmes, including retained and project work
• Provide strategic communications advice to a portfolio of clients
• Manage client accounts on a day-to-day basis managing expectations and ensuring service delivery is on time and on budget
• Draft client plans and proposals
• Support on issues management, including drafting of Q&A statements if required
• Deliver research proposals to support fresh new content delivery
• Offer counsel and insights to clients to keep them abreast and ahead of market and industry changes, challenges and opportunities
• Work to bring new and fresh ideas to generate engaging content and add value
• Pro-actively work with industry contacts to develop knowledge, network to generate additional insight and feed the development of new ideas for client promotion
• Work with the client and colleagues to provide a highly proactive approach to sourcing and creating client media opportunities
• Proactively work with and network with key media to deepen relationships and develop strong journalist relationships across print, trade and broadcast outlets
• Develop content ideas, showing strong insights into the news agenda
• Write of press releases, commentaries and statements
Share Best Practice & Team Support
• Share new and fresh ideas and client insight with the team to promote the sharing of best practice
• Actively share knowledge and experience with colleagues
• Build strong rapport/relationships at all levels across the firm’s community
• Support in managing team processes and in the training / development of junior team members
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent 2:1 (or equivalent)
• 4 + years of previous experience in an in-house corporate communications or PR agency role
• Strong media relations skills
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• Ability to build strong rapport/relationships with key stakeholders
• Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload and plan ahead
• Ability to work effectively within a busy team
• Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach
• Has established media contacts in the Financial Services sector
• Asset Management experience an advantage
• Experience in the Financial Services and related sectors
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT MY CLIENT:
My Client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
My Client offers a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.