Business Development Manager (1 yr mat cover contract)
My client has completed two recent mergers and has moved to smart new offices at London Bridge. The firm has grown quickly, both in terms of revenue and profitability, is an ambitious and looking to exploit the potential that these mergers have brought. There has been considerable investment in the management team, the last change being the appointment of a new Business Development & Marketing Director.
The firm is about to embark on a brand transformation project and so is looking for bright, motivated individuals ready to share this challenge. The programme will be far-reaching in its effects and will provide for a wide and varied workload and the opportunity to get involved in a range of projects.
This role provides business development support and project leadership to the firm with a focus on the private client & family practice groups and the Sport Sector Group. My client is ideally looking for someone with knowledge/experience of the Private Wealth market. They will be responsible for coordinating all business development activities and supporting strategy as well as interfacing with other departments.
The role will include developing and helping to implement Thought Leadership and campaigns and support the pitch and tender process.
• Assist with the identification of BD opportunities for new & existing clients.
• Responsible for ensuring all teams are updating contacts and key information
• Tracks and evaluates business development plans and efforts on an on- going basis
• Research client / prospective clients using library and accounting resources
Industry Group Business Development Support
• Develop practice related materials (practice group profiles, deal lists, case studies)
• Support the production of client alerts & mailing BD activities
* . Assist with agenda preparation
• Work closely with the BDMs on pitches and proposals & key proposals/presentations
• Assist in tracking and analysing key new business wins, etc.
• Strong professional services business development experience
• Profile raising and marketing campaigns including communications such as directory submissions, brochures, online content - intranet and website
• Client targeting and cross-selling
• Client/sector and competitor analysis
• BD evaluation and reporting
• Working with International network teams
• Organise schedules and identify networking opportunities and de-briefing sessions
• Maintain deal/experience sheets
• Research and competitor analysis
• Ad hoc duties necessary to assist the team
• Excellent writing skills
• Highly organised
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Word (advanced)
• Excel (advanced)
• PowerPoint (advanced)
Key Attributes & Qualifications
• Able to present ideas and views clearly and with confidence
• Ability to be proactive and consistent in communications
• High level of attention to detail
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Able to demonstrate initiative where possible
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and issues
• Good team player
• Degree qualified or equivalent
• Competitive salary
• 25 days’ annual holiday
• Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Permanent Health Insurance
• Life Assurance
• Interest free Season Ticket Loan
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Staff Introductory Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
Hours of work
• Core Hours: 9.30 am – 5.30pm (flexibility may be required for events)