BRAND STRATEGY DIRECTOR
My client is an independent and growing agency, that has been providing strategic brand solutions for its clients, including some of the world’s most iconic brands, for 25 years; steering brands through change, modernising approaches and tapping into new markets in response to technological disruption and shifts in consumer behaviours.
The Agency has particular expertise working with brands in the consumer, corporate, retail and service sectors.
Brand Strategy | Brand Design | Brand Identity | Brand Communications | Brand Propositions | Packaging Design | Activation | New Product Development | Innovation |Employee Value Proposition | Employee Engagement | In-Store Branding & Customer Experience | Production
My client has a flexible working policy and culture - they use Zoom conferencing for meetings to connect people working away from the office. The company is growing rapidly organically and it’s an exciting time to join the business as it moves into the next phase of its development.
Clients currently include: PepsiCo; Tropicana; Aldi, Halfords and Morrisons.
My client is seeking an accomplished and entrepreneurial business leader, strategist and brand professional with experience gained from agency, consultancy and client-side to join its close and friendly management team. It is expected the new Brand Strategy Director will recruit their own team to include two additional team members at this point in time.
In brief, the role is two-fold:
• Firstly, to work closely with clients, understanding and over-coming their brand challenges and working with them to help them strengthen and growth their businesses; and
• Secondly; to channel energy into the role of strategy at the company itself; able to set best practice and drive through processes and methodologies to equip in-house teams to deploy expert strategies seamlessly in their client work.
Brand Strategy Creation
• To develop and create innovative and effective branding strategies and concepts including, but not limited to positioning, communications, activation, messaging, naming, portfolio strategy and employee engagement.
• To synthesise quantities of complex information; identifying the nub and developing an opportunity to build a case; designing a brand strategy; unlocking the power of words and ideas; taking both the client and studio teams on the journey with them.
• To bring creative flair and be comfortable holding the room with the client and C-suite
• To pitch in with the team to keep things moving when needed
• To lead the ownership and authorship of a single-minded and ideas-led creative brief in collaboration with Creative and Client Directors.
• To champion ideas within the agency and to clients.
• The development of long-term client relationships and responsibility for key clients.
• The development of strong working partnerships with project and pitch teams including Client Services, Creative and Business Development.
• Establish full scope of the challenge and opportunity for the brand and interpret the client brief to develop approach with the agency team.
• To stay abreast of the latest published thinking on branding, market-based trends, brand successes, failures and industry business activity (mergers, acquisitions, opportunities).
• To drive the continued improvement of strategic brand solutions within the studio network.
• To proactively engage the firm's management team in regular dialogue around client relationships and strategy issues.
• To work with the management team to establish best practice new ways of working and develop new tools and methodologies.
• To support the firm’s marketing efforts by writing actively for the website blog, social feeds, white papers and articles for journalists.
• To ensure regular constructive feedback to creative teams where appropriate to ensure work is on strategy.
• To support Directors with team management as and when required.
• To help mentor junior members of the strategy team.
• To lead and develop the team internally: skills, capabilities, succession planning, performance and development levels including line-management for agreed team members.
• This role requires a very high level of autonomy and involves some domestic and international travel.
Professional and Technical Skills
• Excellent understanding of all core branding deliverables and associated disciplines such as positioning, architecture, messaging, segmentation, research, engagement and interaction.
• Ability to develop influential and effective relationships (internally and externally) across a global network and client base.
• Able to independently manage larger projects and sell ‘big ideas’ by inspiring a senior client group.
• Commercially astute, with the ability to identify revenue opportunities and risks whilst working on projects.
• Able to identify connections between projects, trends, emerging issues and basis for prospecting.
• Able to craft and deliver client presentations and facilitate workshops at a senior or board level.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrable experience of leading complex brand projects.
• Previous experience in similar role, client or agency or client-side marketing.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.